LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- The conservative media is outraged over the Navy's decision to name a cargo ship after Cesar Chavez.
- Arrests were made in a scheme to provide nearly 200 people with fake CA driver's licenses.
- A baby heron was saved from a brush with death.
- An OC man was arrested for trying to steal a motorized scooter from a grocery store.
- After claiming that she broke her ankle by stepping into a pothole, a La Habra woman will be awarded $95,000 by the city.
- A gay LAPD officer won a lawsuit claiming that he was discriminated against on the job because of his sexual orientation.
- A chihuahua that was missing for five years was reunited with her owner.