LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The conservative media is outraged over the Navy's decision to name a cargo ship after Cesar Chavez.
- Arrests were made in a scheme to provide nearly 200 people with fake CA driver's licenses.
- A baby heron was saved from a brush with death.
- An OC man was arrested for trying to steal a motorized scooter from a grocery store.
- After claiming that she broke her ankle by stepping into a pothole, a La Habra woman will be awarded $95,000 by the city.
- A gay LAPD officer won a lawsuit claiming that he was discriminated against on the job because of his sexual orientation.
- A chihuahua that was missing for five years was reunited with her owner.