Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Synthetic marijuana caused long-term psychosis in a recent study.
- Plans for a rec center in Little Tokyo, called the Budokan of Los Angeles, have been given the green light.
- City officials will pursue an environmental impact report for a propsed 710 freeway extension project.
- No one really thought it was funny that director Lars von Trier said he sympathized with Hitler.
- If you've just burglarized someone, be careful that you're not talking to a cop when you call a friend to ask for a ride, like this guy.
- Arnold was once photographed dancing with the mother of his love child. Scandale!