This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- A blood test that purports to determine how long you have left to live will be available in England this year.
- Gas prices are down for ten days in a row.
- A fire that was put out at an agricultural business in Oxnard is generating concern because of toxic materials onsite.
- The 12th Dodgers Dream Field has opened in Boyle Heights.
- Landmarks that were significant to Cesar Chavez are being considered for National Park Service protection.
- The Winklevoss twins are turned away by the 9th circuit court of appeals.
- The California state assembly voted to ban open carrying of unloaded guns.