This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- 98,000 acres of Angeles Forest including 100-miles of trails are set to reopen on Monday.
- Stage one of the Tour of California was eliminated because of snow.
- A baby was born in the upstairs bathroom of a closed library in Huntington Beach.
- A public forum is planned to discuss the
budgetbear situation in La Cañada.
- 40 people fled and 3 were arrested when police busted a gruesome cockfighting ring.
- Police in Long Beach shot and injured a man during a domestic violence call.
- The Camarillo Airport was evacuated after a tractor trailer caught fire in a storage yard.
- San Jose started taxing medical marijuana shops and guess what? They made a heap of money.
- Manhattan Beach kicks the filming of Snoop's new movie out of school.
- Measles cases are on the rise in California.