LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The intersection of Rowena and Silver Lake is opening back up.
- Flavorwire escorts you through a tour of Jack Kerouac's LA.
- Two beachfront houses on PCH caught fire.
- Some Newport Beach lifeguards make over $200,000 a year.
- Barack Obama has an action figure.
- Four of LAPD's finest were honored with "Top Cop" awards at the White House.
- Governor Jerry Brown's lawyers called Prop 8 backers attack of Judge Vaughn Walker, who ruled the law to be unconstitutional and later revealed that he is gay, a "witch hunt."