Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- The intersection of Rowena and Silver Lake is opening back up.
- Flavorwire escorts you through a tour of Jack Kerouac's LA.
- Two beachfront houses on PCH caught fire.
- Some Newport Beach lifeguards make over $200,000 a year.
- Barack Obama has an action figure.
- Four of LAPD's finest were honored with "Top Cop" awards at the White House.
- Governor Jerry Brown's lawyers called Prop 8 backers attack of Judge Vaughn Walker, who ruled the law to be unconstitutional and later revealed that he is gay, a "witch hunt."