This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- The intersection of Rowena and Silver Lake is opening back up.
- Flavorwire escorts you through a tour of Jack Kerouac's LA.
- Two beachfront houses on PCH caught fire.
- Some Newport Beach lifeguards make over $200,000 a year.
- Barack Obama has an action figure.
- Four of LAPD's finest were honored with "Top Cop" awards at the White House.
- Governor Jerry Brown's lawyers called Prop 8 backers attack of Judge Vaughn Walker, who ruled the law to be unconstitutional and later revealed that he is gay, a "witch hunt."