LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Might as well throw in the towel while you still can: California is the worst state in which to do business.
- Beverly Hills has enlisted the services of a fancy PR firm to help them fight dirty, not rich Metro.
- The oldest teacher at LAUSD, who is 92, is profiled on HuffPo.
- An OC Atheist group has put up a billboard to let non-believers know that they're not alone.
- Starting today, the LA Times will only allow users to comment through their Facebook account.
- Authorities are searching for a man, or possibly more than one man, who attempted to lure teenage girls into a car.
- Bryan Stow, who was put in a coma after being beaten at Dodger Stadium, will undergo surgery to drain his brain of fluids.
- Who is the Huntington Beach man scheduled to appear on the Jeopardy Teachers Tournament?