Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- A former contender for the Thousand Oaks City Council has been sentenced to six years in jail for threatening to kill prosecutors in the Ventura County District Attorney’s office.
- Dakota Smith, editor of Curbed.com, will be leaving the site to go write for the Daily News.
- AOL HuffPo's Patch is launching three new sites aimed at Latinos.
- Local blogger The Glutster -- a.k.a. Javier Cabral -- had a burger named after him at Biergarten.
- Moby's Hollywood Hills castle is featured in a slideshow at the New York Times.
- A sewage spill has caused nearly a mile of coastline to be shut down in Newport Beach.
- Laguna Beach is considering new regulations that would dim lights to cut back on glare and light pollution.