LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A former contender for the Thousand Oaks City Council has been sentenced to six years in jail for threatening to kill prosecutors in the Ventura County District Attorney’s office.
- Dakota Smith, editor of Curbed.com, will be leaving the site to go write for the Daily News.
- AOL HuffPo's Patch is launching three new sites aimed at Latinos.
- Local blogger The Glutster -- a.k.a. Javier Cabral -- had a burger named after him at Biergarten.
- Moby's Hollywood Hills castle is featured in a slideshow at the New York Times.
- A sewage spill has caused nearly a mile of coastline to be shut down in Newport Beach.
- Laguna Beach is considering new regulations that would dim lights to cut back on glare and light pollution.