LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today during our fall member drive.
- The remnants of last week's oil spill in Montebello are still being uncovered.
- A woman who used to work at McDonald's is suing the burger-slinging chain, claiming that she was discriminated against because she is Nicaraguan.
- The Mexican consulate in LA has appointed a new diplomat to head up the organization.
- A Hesperia woman is being held for possibly causing the death of a relative's unborn fetus.
- The woman whose car fell off the fourth floor of a West LA parking garage yesterday has been identified as 75-year-old LA resident Maris Cherry.
- Frank McCourt insists that he is staying put as the owner of the Dodgers.
- A former skinhead and the gay man he almost killed in an attack years ago are now touring the country together to promote a message of tolerance.