LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A writer makes a plea for the return of bus travel.
- The MTV Video Music Awards will be held in L.A. for the second year in a row.
- Nearly $200,000 has been raised so far for Dodger Stadium beating victim Bryan Stow.
- UCLA junior Malcolm Lee is ending his college basketball career and putting his name in for the NBA draft.
- The Friends of the Pasadena Library have set up the sale of 9,000 mystery novels at the Roosevelt Elementary School on Saturday.
- Phil Spector's lawyer has asked for his client's murder conviction to be overturned.
- CAA talent agents Tony Lipp and Kelly Tiffan have announced that they will be leaving the agency (stage left).