LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today during our fall member drive.
- 84 percent of California business owners say they wouldn't open a business in the state.
- Newport Beach partiers may be slapped with fines and notices.
- Mayor Villaraigosa has been fined $21,000 for not reporting free tickets he received to events.
- The suspect in the Santa Monica Chabad blast has been spotted in Denver.
- A new study reports that salty foods may lower stress hormones.
- The average gas price hit $4.15 in Orange County, the worst in three years.
- A gang member was convicted of the five-year-old "49th Street Massacre."