Extra, Extra: Jump for Joy! It's Finally Raining!
- Producers and writers have been talking and numbers are starting to be released. Nothing's final yet, but this strike could be soon over.
- What does $9.3 million buy the LAPD? It will finish the job on a backlog of 6,700 of DNA testing for sexual assault cases.
- Les Deux Cafe, a club where celebiatches Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears hang out, was scene to a fight early this morning that led to the shooting of two people.
- Mark your calendar for December 6th if you want to see the city Christmas tree light up.
- She's classy, she's cute and she now tops the list with Angelina Jolie as the highest paid actress in Hollywood. Go Reese Witherspoon!
- New Media kingpin Jakob Lodwick -- he of CollegeHumor, Vimeo, Tumblr, Julia Allison's bed, and other internet ventures -- has mysteriously stepped down (or was fired?) from his position at InterActiveCorp this afternoon. He announced it just a few hours ago on his blog (and packed a bong hit to celebrate). Apparently Julia is a little upset and has told him so. On her blog. Oh, crazy kids these days and their internets!
- "In Los Angeles, tactics once reserved for bank holdups and jewelry store heists are now being used in an ongoing rash of pet store robberies. Police say the city is on the leading edge of a growing national crime trend: Robbers know they can make big bucks selling the designer pooches."
- The unexpected heavy rains in the Southland today have led to mandatory evacuations in Orange County; a rain-related accident also shut down the 5 earlier this morning.
LAist Contributer Carrie Meathrell contributed to this report. Photo by Osmany Rodriguez courtesy of the Whiskerino project