LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Prince has announced that he will perform for 21 nights in Los Angeles.
- Dodger Manny Ramirez will retire after testing positive for a banned substance.
- A horse ranch in Compton is geared towards keeping kids out of gangs.
- An LA-based group is fighting to save animals used for scientific research.
- Eight people were detained after it was discovered that the SUV they were riding in was stolen.
- The Crazy Horse nightclub, which once played host to Willie Nelson and Garth Brooks, will reopen in West Covina.
- Five tons of pot were found by border patrol officers in two days.