LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- California is going after $2.43 billion in federal funds for high-speed rails that was relinquished by Florida.
- List of good local hikes, courtesy of Occidental.
- The US News and World Report named UCLA Medical Center the best hospital in the LA area.
- A man accused of torturing his family and killing his teenage son appeared in court today.
- A fatal accident involving a dump truck closed down PCH near Kanan Dume Road.
- Purveyors of chocolate are attempting to reinvent their wares as a health food.
- An ad for an OC Easter service was banned from local theaters because it used Jesus' name.