Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Nobody here but us spring chickens: First Shatner, now Leonard Nimoy = turns 80!!
- Dolphins died of injuries consistent with blast trauma after Navy exercise.
- A man involved in the UCLA-USC Rose Bowl parking lot brawl pleads not guilty to charges.
- Rain is likely tonight and tomorrow morning.
- Adultery is about to be not illegal in Mexico.
- Bret Michaels sues CBS over head injury.
- Vegan PEEPS are real.
- New skyscrapers may light up DtLA with ads, news, butterflies, and waterfalls.