Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Chef Susan Feniger tells the HuffPo how she made it in LA.
- Huntington Memorial Hospital in the San Gabriel Valley was awarded the Magnet recognition for excellence in nursing by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- The city has reached agreements over pensions and healthcare with some of LA's largest unions.
- LA Conservancy is trying to preserve restaurant La Villa Basque in Vernon, where "
- Mad Men" is often filmed.
- A blogger searches for the best roast chicken in Los Angeles.
- Authorities are threatening to shut down Altadena’s Coffee Gallery Backstage if it keeps having open mic nights and other small performances.
- A group in Anaheim is trying to collect 1,000 letters of kindness to send to Japan.