LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Chef Susan Feniger tells the HuffPo how she made it in LA.
- Huntington Memorial Hospital in the San Gabriel Valley was awarded the Magnet recognition for excellence in nursing by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- The city has reached agreements over pensions and healthcare with some of LA's largest unions.
- LA Conservancy is trying to preserve restaurant La Villa Basque in Vernon, where "
- Mad Men" is often filmed.
- A blogger searches for the best roast chicken in Los Angeles.
- Authorities are threatening to shut down Altadena’s Coffee Gallery Backstage if it keeps having open mic nights and other small performances.
- A group in Anaheim is trying to collect 1,000 letters of kindness to send to Japan.