Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Timothy Durham, the CEO of National Lampoon, Inc, was arrested as part of a $200 million Ponzi scheme.
- In a surprising move, Drew Barrymore will direct a new
psychological thrillerdate movie.
- CBS publicist and executive George Faber has died.
- LA search and rescue teams are using specially trained dogs to help find survivors in Japan.
- Smear, a graffiti artist living in East Hollywood, was arrested for violation of his probation.
- SeaWorld is starting to get trainers back in the water with killer whales, after the drowning death of a trainer last year.
- Two people were shot in Cypress Park.