LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Timothy Durham, the CEO of National Lampoon, Inc, was arrested as part of a $200 million Ponzi scheme.
- In a surprising move, Drew Barrymore will direct a new
psychological thrillerdate movie.
- CBS publicist and executive George Faber has died.
- LA search and rescue teams are using specially trained dogs to help find survivors in Japan.
- Smear, a graffiti artist living in East Hollywood, was arrested for violation of his probation.
- SeaWorld is starting to get trainers back in the water with killer whales, after the drowning death of a trainer last year.
- Two people were shot in Cypress Park.