Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- As part of his custody agreement, Charlie Sheen has undergone drug testing.
- Jerry Brown is being sued by a group of OC investors, after they claim he breached a property deal.
- Watermelon-smashing comedian Gallagher collapsed during a show in Minnesota.
- You too can live like Eric Garcetti...by renting his now-available house for $4,500 a month.
- Reports of potential tsunami waves drew onlookers in Long Beach, who ultimately saw little.
- A high school boy survived a jump off the Golden Gate Bridge, which he claimed was not a suicide attempt but a "stunt."
- Census data shows that the population of Los Angeles is shrinking...or at least, holding steady.