This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- At 55, Terry Peterson is the oldest person to get up LA's Fargo Street on a unicycle.
- Sheriff Lee Baca is expected to stand up for American Muslims at a meeting in Washington tonight.
- The wife of a contestant on "America's Got Talent" was apparently murdered while staying at the Biltmore Hotel.
- 14 sperm whales were spotted off the coast of Long Beach.
- The death of Austin Bice, an American college student whose body was found in a river in Madrid, appears to have been an accident.
- A paraglider was rescued after hitting a tree in Santa Barbara.
- Three Bell city officials will stand trial.