This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Technologist Mike Zappa created a handy chart that details what will be big in technology over the next 25 years.
- The Americana will expand.
- 140 medical marijuana dispensaries are being told that they must close immediately.
- After cutting across all lanes of traffic, a woman hit a truck and was ejected from her car, then run over by her still-moving vehicle.
- Crime is up in Pico/Robertson and Windsor Square.
- Kids rated cereals with cartoons on the box as tastier than those without.
- Bob Barker has donated $2 million to the Semper Fi Fund, which helps injured military personnel and their families.