LAist needs your reader support
You can power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today during our June Member drive.
- Cal State Northridge students held a rally to protest tuition hikes.
- A ban on bath salts -- which can produce a high similar to meth -- was approved by a City Council committee.
- Six Los Angeles charter schools have been closed by the LA school board.
- Zsa Zsa Gabor was taken to the hospital due to lack of blood flow to her left leg.
- Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Police Chief Charlie Beck publicly voiced their support for a federal ban on ammunition magazines that would hold more than ten rounds of bullets.
- Ralphs was fined nearly $68,000 and will be on probation for three years after pleading no contest to overcharging customers.
- A 13-year-old Hisperia girl reported missing in February has been found, safe and with friends.