LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Cal State Northridge students held a rally to protest tuition hikes.
- A ban on bath salts -- which can produce a high similar to meth -- was approved by a City Council committee.
- Six Los Angeles charter schools have been closed by the LA school board.
- Zsa Zsa Gabor was taken to the hospital due to lack of blood flow to her left leg.
- Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Police Chief Charlie Beck publicly voiced their support for a federal ban on ammunition magazines that would hold more than ten rounds of bullets.
- Ralphs was fined nearly $68,000 and will be on probation for three years after pleading no contest to overcharging customers.
- A 13-year-old Hisperia girl reported missing in February has been found, safe and with friends.