Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- The LA City Council approved a plan to develop 1,680 miles of interconnected bikeways throughout the city.
- A pair of Oakland, CA pot growers aim to become the "Wal-Mart of weed."
- A patient who may suffer from Alzheimer's escaped from a Glendora rehab center before being found and returned to the center by police.
- Police are digging up the walls and floors of Thyme Contemporary Cafe in Lomita, where they believe Dawn Viens' body may be located.
- Echo Park is getting a new 24-hour 7-11, at the corner of Glendale Blvd. and Berkeley Ave.
- Long Beach burglars were thwarted by a 14-year-old in an attempted home invasion.
- The scandal-ridden city of Bell has agreed to pay a $750,000 settlement to a woman who was sexually assaulted by a former city police officer.