LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- The LA City Council approved a plan to develop 1,680 miles of interconnected bikeways throughout the city.
- A pair of Oakland, CA pot growers aim to become the "Wal-Mart of weed."
- A patient who may suffer from Alzheimer's escaped from a Glendora rehab center before being found and returned to the center by police.
- Police are digging up the walls and floors of Thyme Contemporary Cafe in Lomita, where they believe Dawn Viens' body may be located.
- Echo Park is getting a new 24-hour 7-11, at the corner of Glendale Blvd. and Berkeley Ave.
- Long Beach burglars were thwarted by a 14-year-old in an attempted home invasion.
- The scandal-ridden city of Bell has agreed to pay a $750,000 settlement to a woman who was sexually assaulted by a former city police officer.