LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- It's raining...watch out for flash floods.
- Kayakers stranded on the side of the LA River have been rescued.
- A $75,000 reward is being offered for information on the 2002 murder of two men, 35-year-old Michael Tardio and 31-year-old Christopher Monson.
- A retired couple who are members of the Del Ray yacht club and have been sailing around the world distributing bibles are being held hostage by Somali pirates.
- Wendy's is experiencing a tomato shortage. At least it's not Frosties.
- A man has filed suit against a Studio City sushi restaurant for refusing to include sashimi as part of their all-you-can-eat special.
- In Long Beach, a 23-year-old man has been arrested for hate crimes after allegedly vandalizing businesses that cater to the gay community.