LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A family in Pasadena has trademarked the term “Urban Homestead,” and is cracking down on bloggers and writers who use the phrase.
- A once-broken reactor at the San Onofre nuclear power plant has been fixed and restarted.
- The LA City Council voted today to not go through with a plan to lease nine private parking structures, that Mayor Villaraigosa hoped would help address the city's budget crisis.
- Couples who waited six-seven years to get their wedding photos finally got them -- and hated them.
- A Mission Viejo man saw the face of Jesus on his rocking chair.
- Three homeless people were rescued from the LA River.
- A nursing home in Santa Monica has been fined $100,000 after a 60-year-old man choked to death in 2009.