LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Metro will begin holding meetings for the public to weigh in on plans for an environmental review of the 710 freeway. Meetings will begin February 15.
- Stations along the gold line are being equipped with TV monitors that will tell riders when the next train is coming.
- Santa Monica's City Council passed an ordinance allowing libraries to ban unruly patrons for as long as one year.
- An investigation is ongoing into the mysterious appearance of an arrow in the wall of an elderly couple's home in Burbank.
- Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center has appointed Dr. Denise Sur as their first female chief of staff.
- The LAPD bomb squad destroyed a suspicious package left outside the West Valley police station.
- Double check those designer shades -- customs agents at the Los Angeles/Long Beach port seized 13,200 pairs of phony Givenchy and Armani sunglasses and reading glasses.