LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- According to the CDC, LA is the unhealthiest big city in the country.
- An 18-year-old accused of hacking his mother apart with a saw and storing the body parts in a freezer has confessed.
- A man accused of groping teenagers on a bus in OC has several known victims; police are searching for more.
- This year's Pasadena Showcase for the Arts annual benefit will be held in a La Cañada home.
- A study released today announced that a proposed streetcar in downtown would lead to thousands of jobs, and over $1 billion in development in the area.
- Posting on Facebook may have cost Rocky Seto his new (and now, old) job as the defensive coordinator for UCLA.
- A construction worked in Sherman Oaks died after being caught in the collapse of a trench.