This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- AEG chief "won't sign checks" for the new stadium until his many (oh so many) conditions are met.
- The wait is over: Justin Bieber's line of nail polish is now in Walmart stores.
- "Fight club" teacher pleads no contest to staging fights between teenage boys.
- A 6-month-old was seriously burned during an Anaheim BBQ and her uncle is in custody.
- It's back to court for the Concerto residences downtown, leaving owners in a lurch.
- Homeless services in Glendale get a much-needed budget boost.
- We knew it: Arnold admits he was addicted to being the Governator.
- Go Where You Can Shine: win a pair of David Gray Live @ Royce Hall tickets.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.