This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Win a Pair of Tickets to See David Gray Live @ Royce Hall
British singer-songwriter David Gray is kicking off his "Lost and Found" tour next month, and he'll be making a stop at Royce Hall on March 8th, 2011.
Ahead of his 2009 release "Draw the Line," Gray said he was hungry for more from his music career: "More heart. More soul. More songs. More life." Gray followed up with his album "Foundling," less than a year later, a release that included eight previously unreleased songs as a bonus.
Speaking of bonuses, we have a prospective one for you. We are giving away a pair of tickets to see Gray at Royce Hall to one reader who enters our contest. To have a chance at winning, leave a comment on this post telling us--in light of the fact that Royce Hall is on a university campus--what college class you would love to see added to campus course catalogs. Advanced Underwater Basketweaving 450? Accounting for Medical Marijuana Dispensary Owners 200? David Gray 101? Have fun with your ideas...though ultimately we're going to pick our winner at random. But you won't win if you don't enter!
Full details for entering the are below:
- Enter the contest by making a comment on this post. Comments must fit the criteria, stated below.
- The criteria of the comment is to tell us what college course you want to see offered at a school like UCLA
- Qualifying comments can be made using your Disqus, Facebook, or Twiter login.
- Only one entry per person allowed.
- Comments will be accepted through Friday, January 21, 2011 at 8:59:59 a.m.
- One qualifying comment will be chosen at random and the winners will be notified via the e-mail, Facebook (FB email), or Twitter (DM) account connected to their LAist.com profile. The winners must confirm the receipt of the e-mail by 5:00:00 p.m., Friday, January 21st, 2011 or the tickets will be released to another winner.
- A pair of tickets will be held at will call under the winner's name as it is found on their drivers license or state-issued I.D.
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.