This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
- Security at LAX has been upped since the discovery of US-bound explosives on a flight from Yemen.
- A new Field Poll taken mid-October shows support for Prop 19 is "fading." (As opposed to supporters being faded. Wordplay!)
- Meet the 5 candidates who want to be Mayor of Inglewood.
- A woman driving a "go-kart like vehicle" lost control and was struck and killed by someone driving a car.
- It's a downright epidemic: Bieber fever struck teen girls who got to see their heartthrob at The Grove today.
- Caltech students will be up late tonight...not to study, exactly, but to take part in their annual "pumpkin drop" party. And yes, an actual pumpkin will be dropped.
- Dig Beethoven's 7th Symphony? Enter our contest to win a pair of tickets to the L.A. Chamber Orchestra's concert on Saturday November 6th. You have two chances to win: on this LAist post and on Facebook. Good luck!
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.