Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Security at LAX has been upped since the discovery of US-bound explosives on a flight from Yemen.
- A new Field Poll taken mid-October shows support for Prop 19 is "fading." (As opposed to supporters being faded. Wordplay!)
- Meet the 5 candidates who want to be Mayor of Inglewood.
- A woman driving a "go-kart like vehicle" lost control and was struck and killed by someone driving a car.
- It's a downright epidemic: Bieber fever struck teen girls who got to see their heartthrob at The Grove today.
- Caltech students will be up late tonight...not to study, exactly, but to take part in their annual "pumpkin drop" party. And yes, an actual pumpkin will be dropped.
- Dig Beethoven's 7th Symphony? Enter our contest to win a pair of tickets to the L.A. Chamber Orchestra's concert on Saturday November 6th. You have two chances to win: on this LAist post and on Facebook. Good luck!