Win Tix to the L.A. Chamber Orchestra's 'Discover Beethoven 7' Concert
Photo via LACO
The Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra is at it again with another of their interactive concerts.
The group, along with conductor and "musical tour guide" Carl St.Clair, will explore the inspirations and influences behind Beethoven’s Seventh Symphony (you know, like the whole dactylic hexameter effect: long - short - short - long - long). The show, which is on November 6th, includes a discussion, a full performance of the symphony, a Q&A with the audience and then a post-concert champagne mixer with the musicians.Here's a sample of the work if you need a refresher:
To celebrate this awesome interactive classical experience at Ambassador Auditorium in Pasadena, we're giving away two pairs of tickets and you have two chances to enter (and if you want to buy tickets, you can here). Both below in the comments section and at this Facebook link, leave a comment sharing with us a Pasadena-area bar or restaurant you would go to before or after the concert to make the night complete. There are tons to pick from and if you don't know any off-hand, use Google or Yelp to aid you (and remember, you can increase your chances by entering both here and Facebook).
Full contest rules are below.
- Enter the contest by making a comment on this post and/or LAist's Facebook page link. Comments must fit the criteria, stated below
- The criteria of the comment is to share a Pasadena-area bar or restaurant you would go to before or after the concert.
- Only one entry allowed per person per website (meaning you can enter once on LAist.com and once via this Facebook link).
- The contest closes at 11:59:59 p.m. on Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010.
- One qualifying comment on LAist and one on the Facebook link will be chosen at random and the winners will be notified via the e-mail connected to their LAist.com login or via their Facebook account, respectively. Winners must confirm the receipt of the e-mail by 2:00:00 p.m., Thursday, November 4th, 2010 or the pair of tickets will go to another winner.
- Tickets will be held at the will-call at the festival.
Good luck and enjoy the show!