LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- The LAPD had to bust up a Halloween party being thrown by Gov. Schwarzenegger's 17-year-old son, Patrick. Some of the guests were cited for alcohol violations, though not Schwarzenegger.
- Two more OC teenagers have come forward saying they were molested on an OCTA bus by a 55-year-old man.
- A sad twist for the election in Mission Viejo: A candidate for City Council died of a heart attack last night.
- Toyota is asking the courts in California to dismiss the lawsuits filed about unintentionally acceleration in their vehicles.
- If you're a fan of Mad Men, you might want to pick up character Roger Sterling's memoir--which is actually being published.
- Authorities in South Pasadena are looking for a suspect in a unique dispute-fueled drive-by stabbing.
- Shoppers, take note: The Bristol Farms chain has been sold by the parent company of grocery chain Albertson's.
- Want to hear Beethoven's 7th Symphony played live? Enter our contest to win a pair of tickets to the L.A. Chamber Orchestra's concert on Saturday November 6th. You have two chances to win: on this LAist post and on Facebook. Good luck!