Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- This is not local to L.A., but the universe! NASA astronaut Doug Wheelock used Foursquare to check into the international space station. It unlocked a new badge: the "“NASA Explorer."
- "California's unemployment rate stayed put last month, remaining at 12.4 percent and hinting at some stability after the state has endured a brutal run of job losses since 2009."
- Ha! Village Voice's Best of NYC issue shows a photo taken in... downtown Los Angeles.
- 10 students at a Torrance high school were burned today when a cooking device exploded.
- Well, here's a headline for you San Gabriel Valley readers: "Alhambra City Councilwoman Messina, Who Paid $20,000 Under The Table To Smear Her Opponent In 2006, Now Runs Unopposed -- Along With Rest Of City Council"
- The latest on Pasadena's historic Hotel Constance, which includes renovation and possibly reopening the 1926 hotel.
- Check your Raisinets! Nestle has recalled certain bags of the snack.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our iPhone app.