Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Curbed has run Part Two of its look "at a long-standing, but far-from-universally-embraced Los Angeles building code that requires all buildings 75 feet and taller to have a helicopter landing pad."
- Don't forget, it's the third Thursday of the month, meaning it's Venice Art Crawl night. Yo Venice and Venice Patch offer their guides.
- "Contrary to what one might believe, the term Westside Republican is not an oxymoron."
- Echo Park venue Echo Curio may close down at the end of the year.
- It may be close to Halloween, but this is real: a rabid bat has been found in southern Orange County, prompting a public health alert.
- The heat has been turned up on the cities of Bell and Vernon investigations.
- Odd: An OC Register columnist is asking plastic surgeons if gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman should get plastic surgery. He asked the same about Barack Obama and John McCain a couple years ago.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our iPhone app.