Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Curbed has run Part Two of its look "at a long-standing, but far-from-universally-embraced Los Angeles building code that requires all buildings 75 feet and taller to have a helicopter landing pad."
- Don't forget, it's the third Thursday of the month, meaning it's Venice Art Crawl night. Yo Venice and Venice Patch offer their guides.
- "Contrary to what one might believe, the term Westside Republican is not an oxymoron."
- Echo Park venue Echo Curio may close down at the end of the year.
- It may be close to Halloween, but this is real: a rabid bat has been found in southern Orange County, prompting a public health alert.
- The heat has been turned up on the cities of Bell and Vernon investigations.
- Odd: An OC Register columnist is asking plastic surgeons if gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman should get plastic surgery. He asked the same about Barack Obama and John McCain a couple years ago.
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our iPhone app.