LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Safety vs. appearance: Curbed LA is investigating "a long-standing, but far-from-universally embraced Los Angeles building code that requires all buildings 75 feet and taller to have a helicopter landing pad."
- Reacting to the City Attorney and LAPD having two journalists smoke dope and drive under the influence, Streetsblog LA's Damien Newton points to real studies on the issue.
- A study has found that 70% of community college students in California failed to graduate or transfer within 6 years.
- A County Hall of Administration gadfly who dresses up as a clown at public meetings has been arrested for allegedly making threats at a city of Bell meeting.
- How community members in Mount Washington came together to do what the city couldn't afford to do.
- One day before the Great California ShakeOut, a series of small and moderate earthquakes strike Baja California.
- "Vote" for Governor or U.S. Senator at Barney's Beanery by drinking beer.
- Have you entered yet? We're giving away a pair of tickets to next weekend's Gorillaz concert. Click here for details and good luck!