LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- A neo-Nazi is running for a seat on Riverside County's water board.
- "A federal judge said on Monday that she is inclined to deny a government request to delay her order that immediately stopped the military from enforcing its ban on openly gay service members."
- Magic Johnson sold his ownership stake in the Lakers to UCLA professor and billionaire Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong.
- Former U.S. Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders thinks Californians should legalize marijuana by passing Prop 19.
- blogdowntown checked in with L.A. Fashion Week this weekend and is sharing lots of runway photos.
- Meant to be condos, 5550 Wilshire (that's near LACMA) will now to rental.
- In Echo Park: "This past weekend marked the grand opening of vintage wonderland The Warehouse."
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our iPhone app.