Our reporting is free for everyone, but it’s not free to make.
LAist only exists with reader support. If you're in a position to give, your donation powers our reporters and keeps us independent.
- Are you part of this trend? Sales of e-books are up 193% this year.
- Last night's Downtown Art Walk was well attended, despite confusion if it was really on or not (it really was).
- This haunted house in Sherman Oaks might be worth checking out.
- AOL's West Coast editorial director for Patch spoke at last night's L.A. Press Club. The LA Weekly offers its criticism and predicts its demise by the end of 2011.
- More details are coming from the LAPD about last week's incident in which a suspect was killed by an officer who shot him in the back.
- Some rents on Broadway in downtown can be found within the $6.45 to $12.05 per square foot per month range. That's quite a contrast to the rest of the area, where it's $2 to $3.
- A pipe break flooded Vanowen Street in North Hollywood this afternoon, prompting a quick response from the LADWP.
- It's looking to be a great weekend of music events from Echo Park to Eagle Rock this weekend.
- Via Neon Tommy: "LAUSD, ACLU Sidestep The Teacher's Union To Gain Reform."
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our iPhone app.