Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Are you part of this trend? Sales of e-books are up 193% this year.
- Last night's Downtown Art Walk was well attended, despite confusion if it was really on or not (it really was).
- This haunted house in Sherman Oaks might be worth checking out.
- AOL's West Coast editorial director for Patch spoke at last night's L.A. Press Club. The LA Weekly offers its criticism and predicts its demise by the end of 2011.
- More details are coming from the LAPD about last week's incident in which a suspect was killed by an officer who shot him in the back.
- Some rents on Broadway in downtown can be found within the $6.45 to $12.05 per square foot per month range. That's quite a contrast to the rest of the area, where it's $2 to $3.
- A pipe break flooded Vanowen Street in North Hollywood this afternoon, prompting a quick response from the LADWP.
- It's looking to be a great weekend of music events from Echo Park to Eagle Rock this weekend.
- Via Neon Tommy: "LAUSD, ACLU Sidestep The Teacher's Union To Gain Reform."
- And... some housekeeping. There are a few ways to stay connected with us. Consider following us on Twitter, Facebook, through your RSS reader or via our iPhone app.