This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Expected Weekend Highs in Indio: 100, 101, 99
According to the meteorologists over at Weather.com, the three-day forcast for Indio is Hot, Hotter, and Still Damn Hot: 100 degrees today, 101 tomorrow, and 99 Sunday.
So with two of the days predicted to hit triple-digits with winds of just 5 to 10 mph, may we make some recommendations:
- Bring tons of sunscreen
- Ladies: bikini tops; gentlemen: Speedos
- Floppy hats and parasols for all!
- Pick up some trash - if you pick up 10 empty water bottles on the field turn them in at one of two locations, you'll get a free bottle of water (value: $2).
- Pace yourself
- Use the misters, hang out in the cold tents, walk around barefoot
- If you must partake in illegal drugs, wait until nightfall so you dont get heatstroke running around like a damn fool in the sun.
- Likewise, take it easy on the booze until the heat breaks
photo by Sonny I. LaVista