This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Just Can't Win
• Tonight at The Echo, New York noisemakers Panthers (featuring former members of Unrest, Orchid and The Red Scare) will be at the helm, plus special guests Lion Fever and Parchment Farm. Doors open at 7:30 PM and tickets are $8.
• The Knitting Factory has Yeti-masters High on Fire with Planes Mistaken for Stars and Kylessa performing tonight at 8:00 PM. Tickets are $12.
• At the El Rey, 8 PM brings Luna and Midnight Movies to the stage. Tickets are $21.
• Meanwhile, at The Derby, catch a great night of LA bands, starting at 9 PM with The Private Party, followed by Brent Rademaker (of Frausdots and Beachwood Sparks) performing solo, plus late performances by The Temporary Thing and The Meeting Places. Click here to download a flyer that gives you discounted admission.
• 7:30 PM at the Egyptian Theatre will be a Henry Bumstead tribute, featuring the 70mm print of Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo, featuring the beautiful work of production designer Henry Bumstead. Mr Bumstead will be on hand after the screening for a discussion.
• Also at 7:30 PM, the Aero Theatre will be showing the 70mm print of Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey. (This print is the version Kubrick restored prior to his death, so it promises to be a beautiful show.)