ICYMI: Survey Says Liberal OKCupid Users Enjoy Yoga And Crying
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter, on Instagram, and like us on Facebook. You can also see what T-shirt LAist Editor-in-Chief Carman Tse is wearing today on the Shirts of My Boss Instagram. And to get the top stories mailed to you, sign up here.
- The LAPD will be ramping up the force in the form of extra helicopters and officers, after two Baton Rouge police officers were killed and several others wounded in a shooting today.
- Drake is a good son: today he posted a photo of a note he wrote his mother promising to reimburse her for his old "eBay addiction."
- Goats are the new dogs.
- Speaking of dogs, it's unlikely that L.A.'s coyote population is growing, despite what #TheMedia says.
- How much weed is in your average joint? The New York Times is on it.
- According to a recent survey conducted by OKCupid, the website's politically conservative users are more likely to say they like "all music, except rap," while liberals enjoy yoga and crying.
- Meet your new Han Solo.
- And finally, R.I.P. to Alan Vega of Suicide, who passed away Saturday. He was 78 years old.