Extra, Extra: China's Carmageddon Has Epic 50-Lane Traffic Jam
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- We may have dubbed our 405 Freeway closure as "Carmageddon," but it's nothing compared to China's "Carpocalypse."
- The Cut posits just where St. Vincent got her mystery coat.
- We're in the future now. Researchers say they recreated a part of a rat's brain in a computer, and they hope to eventually to do the same with the human brain one day.
- Nothing screams Halloween like this realistic, animatronic zombie containment unit this guy made.
- The first day of the New Kids on the Block Cruise is here. There are a lot of screaming fans and NKOTB guys in their robes, just like we imagined.
- Disney is keeping busy and just announced the release dates for their next 19 movies, which include Cars 3 and The Incredibles 2.
- If you like sloths as much as Kristen Bell does, then you need to watch the documentary Nature: A Sloth Named Velcro. Good news is it's streaming on Netflix now.
- PEOPLE is fed up with gun violence and is asking their readers to do something about it. They're putting out a special issue this Friday that lists the contact and Twitter info for all 535 members of Congress, urging readers to get in touch with their representatives for a better response to all of the mass shootings.
- Michael Caine looks like a badass here in this 1960s photo of him hanging in Los Angeles, smoking a cigarette, with some babes next to him.
- We wouldn't mind working from this house on this teeny tiny island, which only has room for the house.
- And finally, here's a supercut of cute cats hugging cute stuffed animals:
Tag someone you want to hug. (It's okay to tag yourself.)
Posted by The Dodo on Sunday, May 31, 2015