Extra, Extra: Silver Lake Has A Lot Of Odd, Interesting Creatives, Moby Says
LAist relies on your reader support.
Your tax-deductible gift today powers our reporters and keeps us independent. We rely on you, our reader, not paywalls to stay funded because we believe important news and information should be freely accessible to all.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Need a little art in your life? Here's a handy list of L.A.'s free museum options for the month of November.
- The Hollywood Reporter tries to find out how Silver Lake became L.A.'s most competitive neighborhood for real estate. Moby has some things to say about that, like how Silver Lake has "an absurdly high percentage of L.A.'s odd, idiosyncratic and interesting creative people."
- Tiny Fey's father, Donald H. Fey (R.I.P.), was a Renaissance man: a firefighter, Korean War veteran, painter, and a man who helped fund-raise money for schools and hospitals.
- This Jeopardy contestant Blue-Steeled his way through answering questions.
- If drinking a regular ol' Frappucino doesn't do it for you anymore, Starbucks is now offering a bloody (okay, actually raspberry syrup) vampire version, dubbed "Frappula Frappuccino." We double dare you to not feel like a fool ordering it aloud.
- If you have the time and liver to spare, how about a 12,299-mile road trip through 70 of the best breweries in the U.S.? San Diego's Ballast Point and Stone made the list.
- In a strange story, an injured deer wandered into a hospital emergency room.
- Worried about the link between processed meats and cancer? Well, The Onion knows about another "report": "Red Meat Linked To Contentedly Patting Belly."
- And finally, here's what happens when a cat and mouse become friends:
La amistad no conoce especies.
Posted by Dalealplay on Friday, January 9, 2015