Extra, Extra: Hunter Finds Out He Shot And Killed Animals At A Zoo
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- File this under the "some jerk" category. A hunter shot and killed two elk before he realized he was firing through the fence of a zoo.
- In an equally intense and bizarre police standoff, a man who barricaded himself inside a house danced on the roof as smoke and flames filled the home.
- If you have a hankering for a serious burrito, Pulitzer Prize-winning food writer Jonathan Gold named his top five L.A. spots.
- There's a suit that wants the government to recognize that growing up in Compton should be considered a disability called "complex trauma."
- Over the next three days, North and South Korean relatives separated more than 60 years ago by the Korean War are briefly reuniting.
- Whoops! A Canadian Toys"R"Us may have accidentally revealed the upcoming Ghostbusters firehouse LEGO set a bit too early.
- Horror book authors give advice on how characters can survive a scary movie. "Avoid children. Especially twins."
- There's a delightful photo gallery of rich people getting pissed drunk at L.A.'s Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic.
- Drake may have gotten a little James Turrell inspiration when the rapper made his newest "Hotline Bling" music video.
- And finally, this lion cub can't get enough of this lioness' tail: