Extra, Extra: Hunter Finds Out He Shot And Killed Animals At A Zoo
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- File this under the "some jerk" category. A hunter shot and killed two elk before he realized he was firing through the fence of a zoo.
- In an equally intense and bizarre police standoff, a man who barricaded himself inside a house danced on the roof as smoke and flames filled the home.
- If you have a hankering for a serious burrito, Pulitzer Prize-winning food writer Jonathan Gold named his top five L.A. spots.
- There's a suit that wants the government to recognize that growing up in Compton should be considered a disability called "complex trauma."
- Over the next three days, North and South Korean relatives separated more than 60 years ago by the Korean War are briefly reuniting.
- Whoops! A Canadian Toys"R"Us may have accidentally revealed the upcoming Ghostbusters firehouse LEGO set a bit too early.
- Horror book authors give advice on how characters can survive a scary movie. "Avoid children. Especially twins."
- There's a delightful photo gallery of rich people getting pissed drunk at L.A.'s Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic.
- Drake may have gotten a little James Turrell inspiration when the rapper made his newest "Hotline Bling" music video.
- And finally, this lion cub can't get enough of this lioness' tail: