Extra, Extra: We'd Totally Watch 'Friends' Starring Hamsters
LAist relies on your reader support, not paywalls.
Freely accessible local news is vital. Please power our reporters and help keep us independent with a donation today.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- If Friends starred hamsters instead of Jennifer Aniston and Matthew Perry, we're sure you'd still be glued to the TV, too. Cue "I'll Be There For You." *clap clap clap clap*
- When a fire captain went to Starbucks recently, he didn't think he'd run into the woman he saved a year ago. (You might want a tissue for this one.)
- For your weekend nom-fest plans, here's a comprehensive guide to regional Mexican food in Los Angeles.
- Jeb Bush is under fire after he said "stuff happens" in response to arguments for stronger gun control after the devastating mass shooting at Umpqua Community College.
- You know Peeple, that horrible Yelp-like app for rating people? Well, last year Community predicted this app would in our dark future.
- What happens when explorers find an adorable, abandoned pup? Take it on an epic adventure with them, of course.
- Robert DeNiro revealed that he'll start filming his long-awaited collaboration with Martin Scorcese for mobster flick I Heard You Paint Houses next year. Joe Pesci will co-star, too!
- Wedding candle favors that were labeled as "TNT" and made to look like bombs caused a bomb scare at Denver International airport. Whoops.
- And finally, how about these sweet Soul Train moves from a throwback Michael Jackson medley to kick start your weekend?