This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: We'd Totally Watch 'Friends' Starring Hamsters
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- If Friends starred hamsters instead of Jennifer Aniston and Matthew Perry, we're sure you'd still be glued to the TV, too. Cue "I'll Be There For You." *clap clap clap clap*
- When a fire captain went to Starbucks recently, he didn't think he'd run into the woman he saved a year ago. (You might want a tissue for this one.)
- For your weekend nom-fest plans, here's a comprehensive guide to regional Mexican food in Los Angeles.
- Jeb Bush is under fire after he said "stuff happens" in response to arguments for stronger gun control after the devastating mass shooting at Umpqua Community College.
- You know Peeple, that horrible Yelp-like app for rating people? Well, last year Community predicted this app would in our dark future.
- What happens when explorers find an adorable, abandoned pup? Take it on an epic adventure with them, of course.
- Robert DeNiro revealed that he'll start filming his long-awaited collaboration with Martin Scorcese for mobster flick I Heard You Paint Houses next year. Joe Pesci will co-star, too!
- Wedding candle favors that were labeled as "TNT" and made to look like bombs caused a bomb scare at Denver International airport. Whoops.
- And finally, how about these sweet Soul Train moves from a throwback Michael Jackson medley to kick start your weekend?