This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Cat Dead, Details Later
• Donita Sparks of L7 is at Spaceland tonight with The Sharp Ease and The Ettes. Doors open at 9 PM.
• Tony Bennett performs "The Art of Song" at the Hollywood Bowl tonight at 8:30 PM. Remaining tickets are limited, so get them while you can!
• Cinespace features Dinner & a Movie with The Lost Boys tonight at 8 PM. Happy hour is from 6-7:30 PM, followed by club at 10 PM.
• The Egyptian Theatre has a special 20th Anniversary screening of The Re-Animator tonight at 7:00 PM. A discussion with director Stuart Gordon will take place after the film.
• LACMA features a free screening of Mad Hot Ballroom at 8:30 PM. Show up early to get a spot and bring your picnic baskets and blankets to enjoy the film under the stars.
• The Norton Simon Museum presents "Divine Rhythms," a program of traditional Indian dance by Malathi Iyengar's Rangoli Dance Company, at 7 PM. Free with museum admission.
Click here to see our complete list of events for the week.