Extra, Extra: How To Prepare For The Impending El Niño
Stories like these are only possible with your help!
Your donation today keeps LAist independent, ready to meet the needs of our city, and paywall free. Thank you for your partnership, we can't do this without you.
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- It's the end of an era. The Marc by Marc Jacobs store on Melrose Avenue has closed. On another note, Marc Jacobs made his own Zoolander tribute over the weekend.
- We're not sure why anyone would do this but we are amused. Someone rearranged every word of dialogue from the Wizard of Oz, so that the words would play in alphabetical order. The "arf" section is especially great.
- SoCal officials give tips on how to prepare for El Niño.
- See what happens when you light up 1,000 sparklers in a bucket. Spoiler alert: it's glorious.
- A family lost their Treasure (that's the actual name of their horse) from their Riverside home, but it was returned safe and sound the next day, and happily eating an apple.
- Sometimes, all we need is an inflatable hoodie that gives you the ability to step up your nap game anywhere.
- You know that feeling when you get your head stuck in a garbage bin lid at a kebab shop? Well, it happened to this woman during a night out.
- Lindsay Lohan might already be having the best 2016 ever. Here's an investigation into her Instagram account.
- And finally, nothing is sadder than seeing this raccoon lose his cotton candy in water: