This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Extra, Extra: How To Prepare For The Impending El Niño
- Follow LAist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- It's the end of an era. The Marc by Marc Jacobs store on Melrose Avenue has closed. On another note, Marc Jacobs made his own Zoolander tribute over the weekend.
- We're not sure why anyone would do this but we are amused. Someone rearranged every word of dialogue from the Wizard of Oz, so that the words would play in alphabetical order. The "arf" section is especially great.
- SoCal officials give tips on how to prepare for El Niño.
- See what happens when you light up 1,000 sparklers in a bucket. Spoiler alert: it's glorious.
- A family lost their Treasure (that's the actual name of their horse) from their Riverside home, but it was returned safe and sound the next day, and happily eating an apple.
- Sometimes, all we need is an inflatable hoodie that gives you the ability to step up your nap game anywhere.
- You know that feeling when you get your head stuck in a garbage bin lid at a kebab shop? Well, it happened to this woman during a night out.
- Lindsay Lohan might already be having the best 2016 ever. Here's an investigation into her Instagram account.
- And finally, nothing is sadder than seeing this raccoon lose his cotton candy in water:
Cruise off the highway and hit locally-known spots for some tasty bites.
Fentanyl and other drugs fuel record deaths among people experiencing homelessness in L.A. County. From 2019 to 2021, deaths jumped 70% to more than 2,200 in a single year.
This fungi isn’t a “fun guy.” Here’s what to do if you spot or suspect mold in your home.
Donald Trump was a fading TV presence when the WGA strike put a dent in network schedules.
Edward Bronstein died in March 2020 while officers were forcibly taking a blood sample after his detention.
A hike can be a beautiful backdrop as you build your connection with someone.