Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.
- An update on the Chatsworth extension of the Orange Line, which will add four north-south mils to the busway.
- A fire erupted either at or next to Axe Restaurant on Abbot Kinney Venice today.
- The Echo Park Lake swap meet was broken up by police this weekend. L.A. City Council President Eric Garcetti backed the enforcement: "Turning Echo Park into a marketplace forces kids to play in the street. A city like Los Angeles cannot afford to lose what little public green space we have," he said.
- Highway surfing -- that's skateboarding while hanging onto a moving vehicle -- left on Ojai teen dead Sunday evening.
- Congressmember Jane Harman's 91-year-old husband, Sidney, has purchased Newsweek. The South Bay rep promises not to meddle in reporting.
- With a limited capacity for flights at San Diego International Airport, there's a proposal to build a pedestrian bridge over the border linking to Tijuana's airport.
- A carjacking in Orange this morning left one woman in critical condition after the suspect -- he was later caught -- stabbed her in a parking lot.
- Want to go see LCD Soundsystem, Hot Chip and Sleigh Bells on Frday, October 15th at the Hollywood Bowl? We're giving away two pairs of tickets and two chances to win them. You can enter twice, once on this LAist post and once by "liking" LAist on Facebook followed by commenting on this wall post. Good luck!