How To Stay Independent From Jail: 4th Of July Weekend DUI Checkpoints
It's 4th of July, and that means hot dogs, fireworks and of course, beer. So whether you're heading somewhere else to watch the pretty explosions in the sky or staying close to home, it behooves each and every one of us to either designate a driver, or bring a toothbrush and plan on spending the night.
To keep you on the safety track, LAPD has announced its DUI checkpoints. Here's what we know so far:
- Friday in Devonshire: Sobriety checkpoint from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Reseda Boulevard at Nordhoff Street
- Friday in North Hollywood: Sobriety checkpoint from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m. on Lankershim Boulevard at Cumpston Street
- Saturday in the Southwest area: Sobriety checkpoint from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Figueroa Street at 40th Place
- Sunday in the Foothill area: DUI Saturation Patrol from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday in the Harbor area: DUI Saturation Patrol from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Monday in West LA- Sobriety checkpoint from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Pacific Coast Highway at Temescal Canyon Road