Dr. Addison Shepherd Should Stay in Seattle
When actress Kate Walsh (Dr. Addison Montgomery Shepherd on Grey's Anatomy) appeared on Ellen Degeneres' show last week, Ellen didn't feel like waiting for the upfront announcement of whether Walsh's spinoff would get the green light. So she gave ABC President Steve McPherson a call from her show to get the scoop. McPherson, being the suit that he is, would only say that he "thinks she's in pretty good shape."
While LAist has no doubt that the Grey's spinoff will get picked up, we think that it's still a BIG mistake for ABC -- especially after watching the dreadful LA-centric two-hour tester on May 3. So, we're offering Addison 10 reasons (in no particular order) why she should stay in Seattle:
- Traffic on PCH is never as light as the day you were driving on it, with your convertible's top down and your hair flowing perfectly behind you. That must have been a dream sequence.
- You might get arrested for practicing medicine in LA without a license. (Didn't you come down here for vacation and ended up doing a surgery?)
- Doctors in LA really don't care that much about their patients. (Can you imagine having an entire practice ask about the status of one patient by name? Get real.)
- Most people don't surf during their lunch hour. (And how many professional offices would let their employees walk through the reception area without a shirt and their surfboards?)
- Seattle's Addison was kinda bitchy and we kinda liked it. Here in LA, you seemed to turn into an over-emoting ditz.
- Also, Seattle Grace has Dr. McSteamy and resident Alex Karev...why would you want to ditch them for Tim Daly? Yes, Taye Diggs is fiii-ne, but he seems a little short for you.
- It looks like Meredith and your ex, McSteamy, are on some rocky road. Now, we're not saying that you should sweep in on him or anything, but heck, at least you made that couple interesting.
- Have you heard of Joanie Love Chachi?
- The brew (both coffee and beer) are better in Seattle. And finally:
- We have to deal with fake people in LA all the time. Now why would we want to watch them on TV?
So, please, Kate, rethink coming to LA to join that New Agey medical practice. Seattle Grace needs you more.