Support for LAist comes from
We Explain L.A.
Stay Connected

Share This


Alleged Cocaine and Marijuana Operation Shut Down in the Valley

Stories like these are only possible with your help!
You have the power to keep local news strong for the coming months. Your financial support today keeps our reporters ready to meet the needs of our city. Thank you for investing in your community.

LAPD has conducted a drug bust worthy of a Hollywood movie.

After discovering what they believed to be a medical marijuana dispensary in the San Fernando Valley operating as a front for an interstate drug trafficking operation between Los Angeles and Cleveland, officers have seized a large amount of marijuana and cocaine, and arrested six men, according to a statement issued by the LAPD.

In the statement, officers say they learned that Raymond George, the owner of White Oak Healing Center near Northridge in the San Fernando Valley, was involved in transporting and selling cocaine and marijuana between L.A. and Cleveland during an investigation into the attempted murder of his son, Elias George. The younger George was shot multiple times last year in what LAPD says looked like an "organized crime style hit."

Working together, a joint federal and state narcotics task force in Ohio and an LAPD narcotics detail got a search warrant for George and his shop.

Support for LAist comes from

On August 3rd, as they prepared to serve the warrant, officers learned last-minute that George was inside with an AK 47 and an automatic pistol.

The SWAT team was called in and they prepared to serve the warrant. But! Just as they did, they say, George and several associates showed up, and negotiated the sale and delivery of six kilos of cocaine.


George's associates were detained after they left the scene, and SWAT team members then surrounded the Center and told George to come out, which he did. Inside, officers claim to have found growing machines and plants, hashish and edibles, as well as a bottle of oxycodone, several guns and over $6,000 in cash. In a car that left the scene, they recovered nine kilos of cocaine.