Mandatory Evacuations Extended to Parts of Glendale Due to Station Fire
Photo of smoke from Station Fire by Lynn... via the LAist Featured Photos pool on Flickr
The following evacuation orders are currently in place in the Glendale-La Crescenta-La Cañada-Altadena areas due to the Station Fire, according to InciWeb:
- Mandatory evacuations in the City of Glendale north of Santa Carlotta St between Lowell and Pennsylvania. A new evacuation center is located at the Civic Auditorium at 1401 N. Verdugo Rd., Glendale, CA 91208.
- Mandatory evacuations in Big Tujunga Canyon between County Camp #15 and the Ranger Station as well as Camp Colby which is located at 23828 Angeles Crest Highway.
- Mandatory evacuations include east of Ocean View Blvd, north to High Rim Rd and south to Fairhurst Drive.
- Mandatory evacuations include north of Vista de Valle, east to Crest Drive, west to Palm Drive and everything north.
- Mandatory evacuations include El Prieto Road south to Canyon Crest Rd east to Canyon Ridge Drive and west to Aralia Rd.
- Mandatory evacuations are in effect from Starlight Crest Drive North to Green Ridge Court, including Forest Green Drive. Also, Big Briar Way at Haskel, and Donna Maria Lane, Indian Drive, Hacienda Drive, Alta Canada Road, north of Linda Vista, and La Canada Blvd, north of El Vago Street.
- "Los Angeles County Sheriffs are also evacuating about 150 homes in La Crescenta in the Briggs Terrace area, including all homes accessable [sic] from Shields Street above Briggs Avenue" and "voluntary evacuations [have been] ordered for residences in the northwest corner of the city of Pasadena. The city is asking residents along Florecita Drive, Florecita Way, Florecita Lane and Florecita Terrace to consider leaving their homes," and go to Jackson Elementary, adds KTLA.
While many Angelenos are seeing plumes of smoke, emergency services reminds residents not to call 911 to ask about the smoke, as the lines are needed for emergencies only. The Station Fire has burned over at least 7,000 acres, and there are at least 2 civilian injuries. Portions of La Cañada near the Country Club are without power, and there is some concern the blaze will damage communication towers in the hills, and those adjacent atop Mt. Wilson. The fire has remained at a 5% containment level for most of the day and is expected to burn for at least another week.