This is an archival story that predates current editorial management.
This archival content was written, edited, and published prior to LAist's acquisition by its current owner, Southern California Public Radio ("SCPR"). Content, such as language choice and subject matter, in archival articles therefore may not align with SCPR's current editorial standards. To learn more about those standards and why we make this distinction, please click here.
Celeb and Gossip Quickies
Anna Nicole Smith and Howard K. Stern scrambling to figure out ways not to give money to the father of her child - Defamer
- Black dude from Bloc Party probably gay - Towleroad
- Trump being sued for ageism - Pop on the Pop
- The two people who have no regard for money just out-dummied themselves. On one side you have Pure nightclub in Las Vegas who reportedly had a contract with Britney Spears to pay her $400,000 to drink in their club for a few hours on New Years Eve. And on the other side you have Britney Spears who couldn't even keep it together to stay in the club long enough to earn those
Benjamins Wilsons. Winner: strangely Pure which gets free publicity... although do you really want to be known as the club that put Britney to sleep? - WWTDD
- "Hey show us something we haven't seen before Paris!" - The Superficial
- The Kelly Clarkson / Mike Watt buzz machine has only just begun - Billboard
- On paper New York is our soul mate - CityRag
- If we cared more about the Rock n Roll hall of fame we would tell you more than simply R.E.M. and Van Halen and Grandmaster Flash and Patti Smith and the Ronettes all just got elected into their whatever that is - AP
AP photo by Manuel Balce Ceneta